Satyajit Ray

Satyajit Ray
(Film Director)

Satyajit Ray was the first Indian to get Bharat Ratna in the field of art and entertain-ment. He was the person, who brought name and fame to Indian cinema on international level. 

Satyajit Ray was born on 1921 in Calcutta. His father Sukumar Ray was also a cultural man. Ray inherited his intrinsic talent of art from his family. His wife Vijaya Das helped him to reach his goal. His first feature film ‘Father Panchali’ was a realistic potrayal of everyday life. He was a great writer, good composer, best dialogue writer and musician. 

His films Apajito, Charulata, Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne, Satranj Ke Khiladi, are realistic and emotion touching. His films got popularity in U.S.A. and France. The French Government I awarded him the highest award in France I “The Legion of Honour”. He received many I national and international awards for creation I of his master pieces of art. His film “Aprajite” I was awarded Grand FVix in 1957 in Venice. He I also received many awards like the Magasaysay I ^ward (1967) and Dada Saheb Phalke Award I [1984). This great ‘Bharat Ratna’ of 1992 won I he special Oscar Award at his death bed. In I his way this great soul died physically in 1992 I n Calcutta.
Share on Google Plus

About Blazonsart.com

0 comments: